- Lucien Carr -

https://49.media.tumblr.com/29e2f45052829ac54da9251819e0f5fc/tumblr_nbx38gl8kV1sa5fiko1_500.gif
https://49.media.tumblr.com/15e0c18a956ea3e12a9b725ba73e9114/tumblr_nbx38gl8kV1sa5fiko3_500.gif

- Люсьен Карр -

Фандом: kill your darlings / убей своих любимых;
Дата рождения, возраст: 20 лет, 1 марта 1925;
Раса: человек;
Место, время обитания: Колумбия, Соединенные штаты Америки, настоящее.

Деятельность: студент Колумбийского университета, отец-основатель и один из основоположников «бит-поколения»;
Навыки: особенно хорош в манипуляции людьми, выпивке, курении и склеивании бит-поколения, ведь «Lou was the glue».
Внешность: Dane Deehan.

- you were born with goodness -
wherever you go now

рожденный в нью-йорке, в городе, о котором в сороковых годах будет петь синатра; лу не представлял, что будет танцевать под фрэнка, ютясь в комнате общежития колумбийского университета. лу вообще плохо представлял свое будущее, оно было составлено из вспышек огней, мимолетных желаний славы и четкой уверенности, что
Marion Carr and the children spent time in the summers in Underhill, Vermont, where they rented a house (a converted barn). Lucien and his sister ran free and […] wore sheath knives at their belts. A summer resident who knew the family recalled that Lucien was “extremely quick and intelligent” but was temperamental and “emotionally very unstable”: he would “go berserk … fly off the handle and chase people with his knife when he was crossed,” which caused “some alarm” in the summer colony. This report was procured by Carr’s lawyers in 1944 but did not emerge at his trial.

Lucien Carr was a beautiful, bright, privileged, and adventurous boy, charmed by Arthur Rimbaud, the precocious poet obsessed with alienation and symbolism. Lucien enjoyed quoting Rimbaud.

“people   were  staring   at  lucien because,  i  imagine,  he  was  so beautiful. i asked him why people were  always  staring  at  him.  he said, “they’ve always done that.” there  was  no  way  to explain it – actually, people do stare at lucien.” – jack kerouac in a letter to allen ginsberg

the core Beat Generation, during their days as students at Columbia University; they saw themselves as the “New Vision”, creating a manifesto (mostly drafted by Carr) which states:
“1) Naked self-expression is the seed of creativity. 2) The artist’s consciousness is expanded by derangement of the senses. 3) Art eludes conventional morality.“

Our New Vision proclaims the death of morality.
And the birth of creativity…
The uninhibited and uncensored expression of the self.
We believe in the derangement of the senses.
Normality is the doom of the ordinary.
Only extraordinary men propel society forward.
They have a duty to break laws, to widen reality.

I went to Jack first. He told me to get rid of the knife. To forget the whole thing. They hear footsteps and turn. A black woman watches them suspiciously. But then I went to Bill. He told me to get a lawyer. To say it was an act of self defence.

- it's who we are -
doesn't matter if we've gone too far

Life is round. We’re stuck on this wheel of living and dying. An endless circle. Until someone breaks it. You walked in here. You ruptured the pattern. Bang. The whole world gets wider.

Be careful. You are not in Wonderland. I’ve heard the strange madness long growing in your soul. But you are fortunate in your ignorance, in your isolation. You who have suffered find where love hides. Give, share, lose, lest we die  u  n  b  l  o  o  m  e  d. 

Life is only interesting if life is wide.

First thought, best thought.

You know me now. I’m only good at beginnings.

A literary revolution without writing a word. Neat trick, Lu.

It’s completely brilliant…and impossible. He says that life is round, that we’re stuck on this wheel of living and dying, an endless circle, until someone breaks it. You walked in here, you ruptured the pattern, bang! The whole world gets wider.

It’s our duty to break the law. It’s how we make the world a better place.

I think one thing that’s amazing about Lucien Carr is he does those
things but somehow he gets away with it, you know,  like he can do
kind of gross things with a  great  charm  and  somehow  it’s  okay.

Метр, и рифма, и профессора, они все — привратники тюрьмы. Так давайте выпустим преступников на свободу!

Некоторые вещи, если ты полюбил их однажды, навсегда становятся твоими. А если ты пытаешься их отпустить, они, сделав круг, снова возвращаются к тебе, они становятся частью тебя. Или убивают тебя.

Lucien is different, or at least, his egocentricity is different, he hates himself intensely, whereas we do not. Hating himself as he does, hating his ‘‘human kindness’’, he seeks new vision, a post-human post-intelligence. He wishes more than Nietzsche proscribed. He wants more than the next mutation, he wants post-soul.

- i will survive, live and thrive -
win this deadly game

Связь с вами: ICQ/Skype/VK

пробный пост

с любой ролевой, обязательно под кат.